Charles Carroll account books
This collection consists of 6 volumes of account books belonging to Baltimore merchant Charles R. Carroll, circa 1821-1863.
- 1821 - 1863
- Carroll, Charles R., 1800-1870 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research use.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
3.0 Linear Feet (6 volumes)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Mrs. Robert H. Bancropt and Estate of John J. Milligan, 1932 and 1934 respectively.
Scope and Contents
1. Family expenses 1821-30. Domestic goods.
2. Ledger 1823-53. Ground rents, family expenses, cash. Items of Baltimore civic and local interest. Accounts of Millington Farm, Millington Mill, "Clarewood", Farm costs for labor and wages, Accounts of James Carroll, Christian Keener, Frederick Sumwalt, William Timanus.
3. Day Book 1828-29. Mill accounts, items for wheat, flour, shorts
4. Day Book 1828-30 for Mill.
5. Ledger 1828-30 including mill expenses and "offal account".
6. Cash book, 1829-63., including chronological listing of expenditures of all kinds, including hundreds of items pertaining to social history.
- Guide to the Charles Carroll account books
- Minimally Processed
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2021-09-30: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.