John H. B. Latrobe family collection
This collection consists of John H. B. Latrobe's writings as well as materials related to the Civil War military careers of John's sons Osmun Latrobe and R. Steuart Latrobe; and one item relating to R. Steuart's son Osmun Latrobe (1874-1939).
Conditions Governing Access
Open to the public without restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
The reproduction of materials in this collection may be subject to copyright restrictions. It is the responsibility of the researcher to determine and satisfy copyright clearances or other case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections. For more information visit the MCHC’s Rights and Permissions page.
0.42 Linear Feet (1 full Hollinger box)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts of Ellsworth Eliot, Jr. in 1944 (acc.49712) and W. Clairborne Latrobe in 1958 (acc.55861) and in 1964 (acc.59054).
Materials Specific Details
Benjamin Henry Latrobe items are on microfilm.
Robert E. Lee letter, 1867 [missing as of August, 1993]
Copy of West Point Memoranda [missing as of May, 1977]
1 Volume of plays as of May, 1977
- Latrobe, John H. B. (John Hazlehurst Boneval), 1803-1891 (Person)
- Latrobe, Richard Stewart, 1845-1900 (Person)
- Latrobe, Osmun, 1835-1915 (Person)
- Latrobe, Osmun, 1874-1939 (Person)
- Guide to the John H. B. Latrobe family collection
- Under Revision
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- 2019-08-05: Manually entered into ArchivesSpace by Mallory Herberger.